Danfoss has released new online training materials for technicians working with its Turbocor oil-free compressors—further extending the support and learning resources to help users and OEMs maintain long-lasting performance.
Built in the USA and China to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 standards, Danfoss Turbocor oil-free centrifugal compressors are already bringing new levels of efficiency with more than 80,000 installations around the world.
But while the compressor’s unique magnetic bearing technology delivers high efficiency with zero performance degradation, it also requires specific service and maintenance skills to ensure long-lasting performance and service life. Danfoss has therefore developed a Turbocor support portal, which provides free, concise service advice and training. The portal is designed to help any Turbocor user or OEM engineer get the most out of Turbocor, and ensure their compressors maintain optimum performance.
Examining the inner workings of the Danfoss Turbocor
The latest additions, 12 new e-lessons, provide a helpful overview of the unique oil-free technology, and why it’s different from a conventional compressor. They include:
- About Turbocor – An introduction to the product and its applications
- Tools you can use – Information about the support available on the Turbocor website
- Safety best practices – Everything you need to know about maintaining safe operations
- Service Monitoring Tool (SMT) – Introduction to the compressor communication software
- TurboTool – A guide to Turbocor’s service and troubleshooting app
- About the Turbocor Compressor – Learn about the basic components and functionality
- Product Capacity and Operation Range – Overview of model offering, capabilities and applications
- Compressor Cooling – Overview of compressor motor and electronics
- Compressor Interface – Connecting and communicating with the Turbocor compressor
- Centrifugal Compression Principles – Principles of centrifugal compression
- Compressor Operation Part 1 – detailed information on how Turbocor compressors operate
- Compressor Operation Part 2 – detailed information on how Turbocor compressors operate
The e-lessons supplement Danfoss’s extensive support for Turbocor customers:
- Online tools – including product guides, detailed service videos, and pricing information
- TurboTool app – for quick, remote product troubleshooting,
- Face to Face support – Comprehensive two-day training event at Danfoss’ Tallahassee plant or available onsite training for larger groups.
“Danfoss Turbocor oil-free compressors deliver high reliability and unmatched full and part-load efficiency,” said Ray Good, Director of Applications Engineering for Danfoss Turbocor.
“To ensure our customers gain the maximum benefit of our unique technology, it’s vitally important that owners, service technicians, and OEM personnel have access to the best quality support and advice. That’s why Danfoss has extended its Turbocor training and support resources to maintain high compressor performance and reliability for the life of the equipment in which it is installed.”
The 12 new Turbocor e-lessons are available free and on-demand through the Danfoss Learning portal. Sign up for free at learning.danfoss.com.
Danfoss engineers advanced technologies that enable us to build a better, smarter and more efficient tomorrow. In the world’s growing cities, we ensure the supply of fresh food and optimal comfort in our homes and offices, while meeting the need for energy-efficient infrastructure, connected systems and integrated renewable energy. Our solutions are used in areas such as refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, motor control and mobile machinery. Our innovative engineering dates back to 1933 and today Danfoss holds market-leading positions, employing 27,000 and serving customers in more than 100 countries. We are privately held by the founding family. For more information, visit at www.danfoss.com.