Carrier unveiled its innovative new AquaEdge 19MV oil-free water-cooled centrifugal chiller designed to deliver reliable performance, incredible efficiency, easy installation and a wide operating range. With capacity from 300 to 700 tons (1,055kW – 2,461kW), the AquaEdge 19MV combines best-in-segment efficiency for design and the ability to operate at severe conditions due to unexpected building operation or extreme weather. Carrier is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, the leading global provider of healthy, safe, sustainable and intelligent building and cold chain solutions.
New Carrier AquaEdge 19MV Oil-Free Water-Cooled Centrifugal Chiller.
The AquaEdge 19MV leverages proven EquiDrive two-stage back-to-back compressor technology, now with magnetic bearings, to achieve best-in-segment performance while staying quiet and cool under pressure. This revolutionary EquiDrive compression and drive train technology provides expanded operating range while improving chiller energy efficiency and building resiliency for specifying engineers, building owners and facility managers.
The many features and options of the AquaEdge 19MV are designed to make buildings better by allowing optimization of heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC) systems, building operation and data:
- Compact footprint for easy installation: Fits through double doors (72 inches by 80 inches) without disassembly.
- Low noise: Operates at less than 80 dBA.
- Refrigerant options: Available with the choice of low global warming potential (GWP) R-513A or R-134a.
- Economizer: Leverages the two-stage compressor design to increase refrigerant liquid subcooling and evaporator capacity for more performance per square foot.
- Expansion control system: Dual expansion valves (EXVs) provide redundancy at typical operating conditions and ensures full capacity at virtually no lift for excellent cold weather performance.
- Greenspeed intelligence variable frequency drive (VFD): Enables starting and operating with cold condenser water while providing enhanced performance at off-design conditions.
- Carrier SmartVu control panel: Provides intelligent control and easier tracking and analysis of operational data, and the ability to link the control system to a building automation system for remote access to the chiller’s running data.
- The BluEdge service platform: Helps keep the equipment running efficiently throughout its lifecycle with proactive solutions to reduce unplanned downtime.
“In the past, more operating range often meant less efficiency at design conditions,” said Vineet Kashyap, Managing Director, Global Equipment, Carrier Commercial HVAC. “Carrier has created a chiller that delivers both, unconditionally. The all-new AquaEdge 19MV combines efficiency with the ability to operate reliably, even at severe conditions and heavy cooling loads, provides an easy way for building owners to upgrade, and is fully integrated with our service organization to stream data for optimal building performance to reduce our customer’s carbon footprint.”
Founded by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier is the world leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers. Carrier is a part of Carrier Global Corporation, the leading global provider of healthy, safe, sustainable and intelligent building and cold chain solutions. For more information, visit www.carrier.com.